It is the first Friday of the month, which I have deemed here and on my YouTube Channel as Favorites First Friday. This particular favorites post will be all of the skincare products that I couldn’t live without this past year. I really had to edit this list or else it would have turned into skincare faves weekend.
So without prolonging this intro or bombarding you with too much chit chat, lets dive in.
Boscia Charcoal Deep Pore Cleansing Stick Treatment (Second Cleanse)
- Love that it is a stick
- It does actually deep cleanse and feels as if it detoxes
- It doesn’t strip my skin or make me feel dry
Boscia Charcoal Deep Pore Cleansing Stick Treatment $28 Sephora.com
Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil (First Cleanse)
- It actually dissolves makeup like a dream, I’m on my third bottle
- Very moisturizing
- Feels more like a treatment than a cleanser
Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil $30 Sephora.com
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup Cleansing Balm (First Cleanse)
- Great for removing makeup and conditioning the skin
- Smells amazing
- Leaves my skin feeling really soft
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup Cleansing Balm $38 Sephora.com
Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
- I use this when my skin loses its mind
- Calms and clears
- When I use this, I know that my face is actually clean
- Conditions the skin
- Helps me retain moisture
Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Instant Infusion $49 Sephora.com
- I notice a change when I don’t use this.
- Keeps my hormonal breakouts at bay
- I can’t feel my face when I use it, but I know it is sanitizing my skin
Biologique Recherche Lotion P50V 1970 shoprescuespa.com
- Hydrates like nobody’s business
- Smells like lettuce, but in a good way
- Sinks in and makes my skin look brighter
Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream $22-$65 Sephora.com
- These toning mists are no non-sense, just filled with good stuff
- The Balance is perfect for use after the Biologique Toner because it soothes the skin
- The Hydrate is perfect for nighttime when we lose the most moisture; perfect under oil.
- This is my little moisture grabber
- Wasn’t sure about an Essence at first, but I miss it when I don’t use now
- Very soothing
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence $179 Sephora.com
- The perfect daytime moisturizer, very light, sinks in quickly
- My skin always feels really soft when I use it.
- Feels really luxurious on my face
Gel de La Mer $310 Nordstrom.com
- Great for night
- Really seals in the hydration
- Leaves my skin very plump
belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb $38 Sephora.com
Favorite Eye Cream
- Wasn’t sure if this was doing anything at first but now I use it faithfully
- Hydrates and plumps my eye area
- Doesn’t sting when I’m clumsy and accidentally treat my eye instead of the eye area.
- A little really does go a long way, which is good because I am going to have to sell my first born to buy it.
La Mer The Eye Concentrate $200 Nordstrom.com
- If I have any issues with breakouts or dullness, this just whips that nonsense right into shape
- Its Sisley, do I really need to say anything else
Sisley Black Rose Cream Maks $162 sisley-paris.com
- It is a mask
- It is a cleanser
- It is an exfoliator
- I use this on my body as well as my face and neck. It was a toss up between this and the Problem Solver, this one won out because it is a lot easier to use.
Lush Dark Angels $13-$34 Lushusa.com
Favorite Night Treatment
Click here for full review.
- This is moisture overload in a good way
- I wake up soft, glowy, and plump after I use this
- I love the fragrance, it actually helps me sleep better
Dior Hydra Life Sleeping Jelly Mask $69 sephora.com
I did not have a favorite oil in 2016, I tried a lot and loved a few. I will mention the Biossance Nourisher Precious Face Oil, however. I only had a small sample and while I loved it, I don’t feel that I used it long enough to call it a 2016 favorite. I am mentioning it here because it is one that I plan on exploring further this year. I will keep you posted. So that is it for my 2016 Skincare edit, check back for a separate post of my 2016 Makeup, hair faves.
Biossance Nourisher Precious Rose Face Oil $72 biossance.com
In the meantime, what were your favorite items this past year?